Sunday, January 8, 2012

My roomate thinks its my fault that there is a hole in the garage wall when she drove into it...?

My friend came over and left his bike in the corner of our garage. My roommate came home and didn't know that the bike would be there, so when she was going to park her car in the garage, she swerved into the side of the garage causing a hole and a bit of damage to her vehicle. She told me that I was legally going to have to fix the hole and pay for the damage to her vehicle. This doesn't seem like it makes sense to me, but I've never had this happen before. Is it unreasonable for her to blame it all on me? And if anyone knows legally whose fault it would be, I'd really appreciate some input. (By the way, I was already planning on fixing everything, but I also don't want to be taken advantage of, so maybe I shouldn't?)

No comments:

Post a Comment