Saturday, January 7, 2012

HCG level of 38,000 at 5 weeks and 3 days but only a sac and yolk no fetus or heartbeat!?

I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant yesterday i went to the doctor for a l sonogram because i had a miscarriage 9 months ago and i wanted to make sure that this pregnancy was progressing. The sonogram tech told me she only expected to see a gestational sac and yolk which we did. I felt relieved until i went to see the doctor and she said that at 5 weeks and 3 days she expected to see a fetal pole and heartbeat. She instructed me to make an appointment to schedule a D&C because she diagnosed me with a blighted ovum. I asked her to take blood test to see if my HCG was increasing. On april 13 my hcg was 2480 april 15 my hcg was 8518 and my doctor just called and told me my hcg is 38,516! Is it possible that i do not have a blighted ovum based on my increasing numbers? Can these high numbers mean that i am having twins? If the fetal pole is not present at my doctors appointment on monday should i schedule the D&C or wait a few more weeks to see if the pregnancy progresses? Thanks in advance for all answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment