Monday, January 9, 2012

Can compact fluorescent light bulbs harm plants?

I have two plants Tomato and Blueberry outside of my apartment on the patio enterance area it is completely outside but during the night the apartment complex has compact fluorescent light bulbs that turn on around 8 P.M. I was wondering since the plants get direct sun light in the day and then light from these compact fluorescent light bulbs (the twisty type) can this damage their growth or damage the plant in general since they are not getting any darkness at night cause of these outdoor lights that my apartment complex has. I can move them away from the light and on to the gr but then at midnight the complex sprinklers turn on and I heard it is not good for plants to get their leaves wet at night. My main question is it hurting my plant by being exposed to compact fluorescent light at night...hence they are never in dark at all. from sunlight to artificial light at night is this hurting my plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment